Bethany's Quilt

Following a Chinese tradition, I am making a "100 Good Wishes" Quilt for my daughter Bethany who is somewhere in China. To celebrate a new life, a quilt is made from 100 squares of fabric donated by family and friends. Contributers also put their "good wish" on paper with a small sample of their fabric. These "wishes" will be compiled in a scrapbook so I can tell Bethany about all the people who sent their good wishes before they ever met her.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Chinese Culture Swap # 1


This cute fortune cookie print is from the Tyhursts' of Newmarket, ON and is the first in the Chinese Culture swap. Interesting that the fortune cookie is not even Chinese! This one has nice fortunes printed on the fabric, too. Thanks so much, Cathy!

I have been putting all the wishes in a scrapbook as I get them so they will not get lost or damaged. I think I will put the Chinese Culture and the Provinces of China swaps in a separate scrapbook as they are different - more educational. I'm not sure yet how they will all go in quilts.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home